- No events
Fundamentals of Operations Management and Organizational Effectiveness
Previous Course Title: Operations Management: Topics in Organizational Effectiveness
This course provides a basic overview of nonprofit operations, exploring significant facets of management that are not currently addressed elsewhere in the CNM curriculum: organizational structure and staffing; human resource administration; information technology; and organizational performance management.
This intensive five-week course explores the following topics:
- Introduction to nonprofit operations, organizational structures and staffing
- Human resource administration
- Aligning information technology with organizational mission
- Organizational performance management
What you and your organization will gain from this course:
- Recognize how nonprofit organizations are structured and staffed in general, and how operations are staffed according to the size and stage of an organization’s development
- Recognize the fundamentals of human resource administration
- Explain the importance of aligning information technology with an organization’s mission and how to utilize mission to guide IT decision-making
All readings and learning resources will be provided on the course web site. No texts are required for purchase at this time.
Special features of this course:
- A weekly Resource Center provides carefully tailored readings and other learning resources
- “Studio” activities provide opportunities for new and experienced practitioners to cultivate practical skills
- Original case studies and problem-based learning activities
- In-depth weekly discussions on the real-life challenges and opportunities of operations management
- Small class size with a maximum of 25 participants
This is an instructor-led course delivered entirely online. It is highly interactive and requires active participation on discussion boards and completion of assigned projects. We estimate spending an average of 8 – 10 hours per week on each Certificate in Nonprofit Management course. For this reason we highly recommend students participate in no more than two CNM courses at a time.
Note: This is a tech-enhanced course that requires access to Blackboard, a course management system used by UIC. In order to complete registration, you must submit proof of identity to secure your unique NetID (username).
Contact Hours: 40
|July 26 – August 29, 2018|
|Course Fee: $550|
|Instructor: Michelle Yanahan|
|Registration Deadline: Monday, July 23, 2018 at 11:59pm|