UIC Certificate in Nonprofit Management
Grant Writing Workshop: July 13, 2017
One-Day Grant Writing Workshop in Chicago: “Grant Writing for Beginners”
Aspiring grant writers! Join UIC’s grant writing experts for “Grant Writing for Beginners,” a one-day, interactive workshop developed and offered by the University of Illinois at Chicago and designed specifically for those with little or no experience writing grants.
New! Funders Lunchtime Panel – Discover first-hand what funders look for in a winning grant proposal.
Learn the Basics in One Day
In this highly participatory workshop, our expert UIC instructors will guide you through a comprehensive overview of the grant writing process. Bring your energy, enthusiasm, and ideas, and leave with:
- Confidence in your ability to prepare a foundation grant proposal
- Practical knowledge you need to succeed in grant writing
- Experience working on a team to prepare proposal pieces for a fictional organization
- A workbook for planning, developing and writing successful proposals
- A valuable network of connections with instructors and workshop participants (bring your business cards!)
- A list of the top grant writing resources on the Web
What You Will Learn
- Types of funding sources available to nonprofits today
- How to research grant opportunities and assess the best fit for your funding needs
- What your organization must have in place before writing a grant
- The primary components of a grant proposal and how they fit together
- How to communicate effectively with prospective funders
Attention researchers: The curriculum for this course focuses on philanthropic foundation grants, not research grants.
|Date:||Thursday, July 13, 2017|
|Time:||8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.|
|Location:||University of Illinois at Chicago, Student Center East, Tower Room 713|
|Discount:||$297 for University of Illinois alumni, employees or current degree-seeking students|
Lunch and morning/afternoon beverages will be provided.
Questions? Contact us. We look forward to seeing you July 13th!
One-Day On-Site Workshop or Six-Week Online Course: Which is Right for You?
UIC’s Grant Writing for Beginners workshop is perfect if you are a beginning or aspiring grant writer looking for a one day, in-person overview of the grant writing process that covers the core components of a grant proposal.
UIC’s six-week course, Step by Step: How to Write a Winning Grant Proposal, one of fifteen courses offered through UIC’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management program, is an intensive, six-week online course that gives you the chance to work with experienced instructors to draft the key components of a grant proposal. Visit UIC’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management Web site to learn more about the Certificate in Nonprofit Management online program.
|Attention researchers: The curriculum for this course focuses on philanthropic foundation grants, not research grants.|