UIC Certificate in Nonprofit Management
Grant Writing Workshop: December 7, 2017
One-Day Grant Writing Workshop in Chicago: “Grant Writing for Beginners”
Aspiring grant writers! Join UIC’s grant writing experts for “Grant Writing for Beginners,” a one-day, interactive workshop developed and offered by the University of Illinois at Chicago and designed specifically for those with little or no experience writing grants.
Back by popular demand! Funders Lunchtime Panel
Discover first-hand what funders look for in a winning grant proposal, from senior executives at some of Chicago’s most successful funding organizations. (Panelists to be announced soon.)
What You Will Learn
In this highly participatory workshop, our expert UIC instructors will guide you through a comprehensive overview of the grant writing process, including:
- Types of funding sources available to nonprofits today
- How to research grant opportunities and assess the best fit for your funding needs
- What your organization must have in place before writing a grant
- The primary components of a grant proposal and how they fit together
- How to communicate effectively with prospective funders
What You Will Leave With
Bring your energy, enthusiasm, and ideas, and leave with:
- Confidence in your ability to prepare a foundation grant proposal
- Practical knowledge you need to succeed in grant writing
- Experience working on a team to prepare proposal pieces for a fictional organization
- A workbook for planning, developing and writing successful proposals
- A valuable network of connections with instructors and workshop participants (bring your business cards!)
- A list of the top grant writing resources on the Web
Attention researchers: The curriculum for this course focuses on philanthropic foundation grants, not research grants.
UIC Extended Campus refund and withdrawal policy for Grant Writing Workshop.
Meet the Instructors
|Date:||Thursday, December 7, 2017|
|Time:||9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.|
|Location:||University of Illinois at Chicago, Student Center East, Room 605|
|Discount:||$297 for University of Illinois alumni, employees or current degree-seeking students|
Morning beverages, lunch, and afternoon snacks and beverages will be provided.
Questions? Contact us. We look forward to seeing you December 7th!
One-Day On-Site Workshop or Six-Week Online Course: Which is Right for You?
UIC’s Grant Writing for Beginners workshop is perfect if you are a beginning or aspiring grant writer looking for a one day, in-person overview of the grant writing process that covers the core components of a grant proposal.
UIC’s six-week course, Step by Step: How to Write a Winning Grant Proposal, one of fifteen courses offered through UIC’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management program, is an intensive, six-week online course that gives you the chance to work with experienced instructors to draft the key components of a grant proposal. Visit UIC’s Certificate in Nonprofit Management Web site to learn more about the Certificate in Nonprofit Management online program.
|Attention researchers: The curriculum for this course focuses on philanthropic foundation grants, not research grants.|